Frequently Asked Questions
We are continuously updated our frequently asked questions section, so check out the FAQs below to see if they answer your question!
Am I required to get more than one estimate?
No. In the state of Michigan, you are only required to get one estimate. You can have your vehicle repaired by any licensed repair facility you choose.
How do I start an insurance claim once I've had an accident?
Simply call your insurance company agent and let them know you’ve had an accident – or just come in for an estimate and we can help you with the process.
My insurance says I have to use another shop. Is that true?
No. This is called steering and it is illegal. As the owner of your vehicle, it is your choice who you have repair your vehicle, as long as they are a licensed repair facility.
Some examples of steering:
- Insurance company cannot guarantee the repairs
- You will have to pay the difference in labor rates
- Your repair will be delayed
- You may be lead to believe that you will be inconvenienced in some form
- LaFAYETTE Collision Center, Inc. has a limited lifetime guarantee that exceeds all insurance company guarantees
- No matter what your claim handler/contact person said to steer you, repairs are rarely delayed
- We will work very hard to prevent your insurance company from inconveniencing you, if that is their practice
Do you do rust repairs?
Yes, we do rust repairs! However, because of the nature of rust, any rust repairs are not covered by our limited lifetime guarantee.
Does LaFayette Collision Center detail vehicles?
Yes, we have four different detail packages to choose from. Additionally, any vehicle at our shop for repairs receives a free basic detail.
Does LaFayette Collision Center offer spray-on bed liners?
Yes, we have a full line of spray-on bed liner packages, not limited to just the bed of your truck.